Jet 708359 JWL-1642EVS, 16" x 42" EVS PRO Wood Lathe, 1-1/2HP
The JET JWL-1642EVS 16" x 42" EVS PRO Wood Lathe is a one of a kind machine for the true wood turner. With a 1.5 HP motor and electronic inverter, you can operate the machine at any speed from 50 to 3,200 RPM. Cam-lock mechanisms allow adjustments of headstock, tailstock and tool rest base without having to use any tools at all.
- Digital readout allows operator to dial in the desired speed for best results
- Heavy-duty cast-iron lathe bed adds stability while limiting vibration during operation
- Electronic inverter lets you operate the machine at any speed from 50 to 3,200 RPM
- Sliding headstock may be positioned anywhere along the bed ways for maximum flexibility and user comfort
- High/low speed change lever quickly changes belt positions
- Spindle has positive locking indexing in 10 degree increments for fast, efficient fluting and veining operations
- Built-in spindle locks let you remove or replace faceplates and chucks with ease
- Live center has a removable pin for boring through stock
- Cam-lock mechanisms allow adjustments of headstock, tailstock and tool rest base without having to use tools
- Hollow tailstock allows you to perform long hole boring for lamps and other vessels
- Style (Type) Woodworking
- Swing Over Bed (In.) 16
- Swing Over Tool Rest Base (In.) 12
- Distance Between Centers (In.) 42
- Headstock Movement Slide
- Spindle Speeds Infinite
- Speed Range 50 - 1,200, 125 - 3,200
- Number of Indexing Positions 36
- Centerline of Spindle to Floor (In.) 44-1/2
- Bed Construction Cast Iron
- Motor Power (HP) 1-1/2
- Motor Phase 3
- Motor Voltage (V.) 115
- Prewired Voltage (V.) 115
- Motor Current (Amps.) 4-3/5
Red Assurance 5-year Warranty:
JET Tools warrants every product it sells. If one of our tools needs service or repair, one of our Authorized Service Centers located throughout the United States can give you quick service. In most cases, any of these Walter Meier Authorized Service Centers can authorize warranty repair, assist you in obtaining parts, or perform routine maintenance and major repair on your JET or Wilton tools.
JET products carry a limited warranty which varies in duration based upon the product.
What is Covered
This warranty covers any defects in workmanship or materials subject to the exceptions stated below. Cutting tools, abrasives and other consumables are excluded from warranty coverage.
Who is Covered
This warranty covers only the initial purchaser of the product.
What is the Period of Coverage
The general JET and Wilton warranty lasts for the time period specified in the product literature of each product.
What is Not Covered
Five Year Warranties do not cover woodworking (WW) products used for commercial, industrial or educational purposes. Woodworking products with Five Year Warranties that are used for commercial, industrial or education purposes revert to a One Year Warranty. This warranty does not cover defects due directly or indirectly to misuse, abuse, negligence or accidents, normal wear-and-tear, improper repair or alterations, or lack of maintenance.
For more information please contact 1-800-365-6677